Saturday, January 08, 2005

Sweet Potato Cake (rice cooker)


Sweet Potato Cake (rice cooker) Posted by Hello

This is a very special cake because I use my rice cooker to cook it. The cake has different texture compare to the baking method. It contains more moist.

A:
1/2 medium to large sweet potato (steamed and mashed)
2 eggs
2Tb brown sugar
2Tb vegie oil
2/3 cup warm water

B:
one cup flour
1Tb dry milk powder
pinch of salt
2tsp baking power

I use the electric mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar well (about 5 minus), add the rest of A, mix well. Change to rubber spoon, fold in the B mixture. Then pour in the lightly grease rice cooker. Some black sesame seed on the top (optional). Turn the rice cooker on, after the machine is off, turn it on again.


I think everybody has different kind of rice cooker, I use the bamboo stick to check the cake if I need to cook the cake one more time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leafyu

I am writing from Singapore and is a member of a cooking forum called Kitchencapers (www.kitchencapers.net).

We are on the subject of baking cakes in rice cooker.

May I link your recipe to our forum.

Thanks
rusti