Monday, February 21, 2005

Curry Bread with Curry Chicken Filling



I saw a lot of Chinese bloger made a lot of curry dishes these day. It make me missing the curry flavour. I was thinking to make a pot of curry chicken. But it always take us a few days to finish the whole pot.. So I decide to make some curry bread with some minced curry chicken.
I remember one of my cookbook has this recipe. But when I start to knead the dough, I found out the recipe says the dough needs some curry power. It is kind of wired. This is the first time for me..^^!

Dough:
Flour: 230g (I changed to: 250g)
soybean discard: 20g (I ignored)
Yeast: 5g
Curry powder: 7g (I changed to: 12-15g)
Dry milk powder: 1Tb
Sugar: 9g
Salt:2.5g
Warm water:160cc
Butter: 10g

Filling:
Sweet onion: 150g (Diced)
Minced Chicken: 200g
Cooking Oil: 2Tb
Wheat powder: 2Tb (I ignored)
Curry powder:1.5Tb
Salt & Pepper
Milk: 100cc

Put all the ingredients(except butter) of the dough together, make a round ball. Knead in the butter and knead the dough into a smooth and elastic dough. Put into a greased bowl to let it rise for 1.5 hour in a warm place. Take out and cut into small pieces. Cover and relax for 15 minus. Stir fry the Filling to get ready. Roll out the dough into elliptical shape. Fill in the curry chicken then cover to rise again for 45 min in a warm place.
The original recipe using deep fry for the bread, before deep fry, the bread was coated with milk then bread crumb. It must be very delicious if I deep fry it. But I was lazy to clean up the mess for deep frying. So I decided to just bake it. 350F, 15 minutes.

Note:
I think the bread is very flavorful. For me, I think the curry is not stronge enough. So if people like stronger favor, the filling can be made more spicy~

No comments: