Friday, February 11, 2005

Guangdong Dishes





Eleo is sick. He caught a cold and cough very heavy. He said he want to have my mom's Guangdong dishes. Well, my mom is in China, what I can do is try to make a copy from my memory~ I make two easy and simple dishes, which are braised chicken with shitake mushroom and water blanch baby bokchoy.

- Chicken marinated with soy sauce, sugar, corn starch and white pepper for at lease half hour.
- In a small pot put some oil, put in the shitake mushroom with some oyster sauce and cooking wine, cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat up a cooking pan with cooking oil and some garlic. Pan fry the chicken until both side are golden brown. Add some cooking wine, then put in the mushroom with all the sauce. Cover and braise for 20 minutes. Some chopped green onion are added before serve.

The steam bun downstairs are make with sweet potato. I knead in some mash sweet potato in the dough. That is why the dough looks so yellow. For the filling. I put some butter and brown sugar in the mash potato then fill in the dough, steam for 15 minutes.

No comments: