Friday, February 11, 2005

葱油饼


Green Onion Pancake

I know my pancake does not look pofessional, but they are delicious, and they are made by my own way. I use hot water with flour (烫面), put in some salt and white pepper, then the leftover green onion from last night (dried, because I didn't put in the fridge last night), knead together. Relax for 15 minutes. I stir fry my leftover diced chicken & dry mushroom (already seasoned), put them in a bowl to get ready. Seperate the dough into small pieces, roll them out to a thin sheet, put some chicken mixture on the lower bottom of the sheet, cover with the top to make a big pocket. slightly roll the whole pocket over again to make the chicken mixture stick onto the onion sheet. then pan fry them with oil. I make half of the pan cakes with eggs covered, the other half is just plain.I think frying the pancake is not easy. I use low heat, slow cook about 5 minutes. I need to shake the pan and flip the pancake constantly to avoid overcooked

No comments: